About The Attorney
Robert W. Maher Has Been Serving Clients for Over 40 Years
I am passionate about providing clients with the information they need to understand the legal issues they are facing and to get the best possible results in their case. I analyse the facts of their situation, apply the law, and educate them, saving them time, stress, and money in the future.
Robert W. Maher—The Name You Can Rely On
I have been practicing law in Pennsylvania since 1974. I am currently a partner with the law firm Dyer & Maher. I earned my Juris Doctor law degree from Temple University School of Law. In addition, I hold an Estate Planning Certificate from the Temple University School of Law, Graduate Tax Program. I have also been an approved AARP Legal Services Network attorney.
I am committed to providing quality representation for my clients at fair and reasonable fees. I work with a wide range of clients, from members of the local business community to retired persons in assisted living communities. In addition to assisting small business entrepreneurs, I provide estate planning counselling, estate administration, and preparation of wills, trusts, healthcare directives, and powers of attorney.
Educational & Professional Licenses
- Partner in Law Firm of Dyer & Maher
- Juris Doctor Degree, Temple University School of Law, Philadelphia, PA, 1974.
- A.B. English, Saint Joseph’s University, Philadelphia. PA, 1969.
- Estate Planning Certificate, Temple University School of Law Graduate Tax Program. Philadelphia, PA, 1996.
- Admitted to practice before the Courts of Pennsylvania, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Member of Pennsylvania Bar Association and Montgomery County Estate Planning Council.
- AARP Approved Legal Services Plan Attorney
- President of Eastern Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce
- Distinguished President of Jenkintown Kiwanis Club
- Twice elected Kiwanian of the Year
- Former member, Elder Services Board for Holy Redeemer Health System
- Former Member of Development Committee of Manor College
- Counsel to Abington Choral Club
- Counsel to American Society of Appraisers, Philadelphia Chapter
Teaching & Lecturing
- Former adjunct faculty at Saint Joseph’s University for business law and real estate law courses
- Resource authority in presenting retirement planning seminars through Pennjerdel Corporation, SPS Technologies, Philadelphia Electric Company, Holy Redeemer Foundation
“Bob Maher has been my lawyer for 20+ years. He’s most honest, trustworthy person I’ve had the honor of working with. He’s written my family’s wills, power of attorneys and has helped me through some very difficult legal situations. I recommend Robert Maher to anyone looking for an exceptional attorney.”
“I have relied on Bob Maher for advice and counsel for my business and my personal legal needs. I strongly recommend him for his strong technical skills but more importantly for his integrity. I consider Bob a trusted adviser who’s opinions and advice have helped me manage a business and guide me (and my family) through legal issues.”
“If you’re looking for a great estate attorney I recommend Robert Maher. He was patient and answered all of my questions, while providing me with some meaningful advice!“
“Professional and Informative was my experience working with Attorney Robert W. Maher. His eyes for detail, communication skills and attentive actions are an asset to his service.”
Monday – Friday
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM